Duro-Last® Roofing Technical Information
Over three decades of innovation and hard work have driven Duro-Last® roofing to become the largest manufacturer of prefabricated, thermoplastic, single-ply roofing systems in the country. By continually testing and improving their products, Bourdeau Contracting customers receive high-quality materials that deliver watertight roof protection for years to come. We give our customers exactly what they need for a worry-free roof. See the links below for PDF's detailing the technical information regarding the Duro-Last® roofing materials used by Bourdeau Contracting.
Why Use A Prefabricated Roofing System?
For building owners and managers, Duro-Last's custom fabrication of single-ply roofing systems offers several advantages:
- Studies of roof failures show that most problems occur because of installation errors, particularly at changes in plane on the roof, such as projections, curbs, drains, perimeters and abutting walls. Duro-Last prefabrication eliminates up to 85% of on-site, rooftop membrane seaming, greatly reducing the likelihood of installation errors and leak problems in the future.
- Prefabricated roofing systems are easier to install throughout the year, even during adverse weather conditions. Installation time is reduced so the contractor can get on and off the job quickly. The relatively small amount of roof membrane seaming done in the field is completed with hot-air welding methods, which are virtually unaffected by cold or damp weather conditions.
- Single-ply roofing prefabrication dramatically reduces waste, both during the manufacturing process and installation. The roofing contractor orders the exact amount of roof membrane necessary for roof coverage, rather than a collection of raw materials.
- Prefabrication also appeals to engineers and architects who would like to address a particular structural or aesthetic design problem. Panel sizes, shapes and colors can be pre-planned and prefabricated to achieve desired visual results.
- Finally, prefabrication allows the roofing contractor to take control of a construction operation in a highly unstable environment. Roofing contractors must plan their roofing projects carefully, and are rewarded with greater worker productivity, a higher-quality installation and more satisfied customers.